These are hard times for people and for animals. Finances for all non-profits are bleak and this is certainly true for SDA. We have made deep cuts in our budget and are doing all we can to survive in this recession. We appreciate your monetary support and have great faith and trust that we can continue to provide the necessary care for our 400 precious animals.
PLEASE help SDA help our animals by making a contribution on our website or by mail to SDA, PO Box 15653, Sarasota, FL, 34277-1653.
SDA is registered with the IRS as a nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization, ID No. 65-0124076. SDA is a corporation organized under the laws of the State of Florida, filed on June 29, 1989 and the document number of the corporation is N33042 and has complied with the registration requirement of Chapter 496, Florida Statutes, the Solicitation of Contributions Act. All contributions are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the State. Registration #SC-07264.
Sarasota in Defense of Animals:
* Was founded in 1989 as an animal protection agency.
* Provides lifetime care to 350 - 400 animals.
* Takes only animals that were abused, abandoned, sick and cruelty victims.
* Sponsors a spay & neuter clinic (monthly) for unowned free-roaming cats.
* Annual budget for 2009 is $150,000 (reduced from $200,000 in 2008)
* Does not receive any public funds from any federal, state, or local agency.
* Is an autonomous organization. and does not receive any operational funding from any other animal welfare group or any coalition.
* Is supported primarily by tax-deductible contributions.
* Does not pay any administrative salaries as most non-profits do.
* Receives 100% of all donations.
* Does not hire professional fundraisers. All fundraising is done in-house.
* All contributions go toward animal welfare.
A commitment to the animals.
Keep in mind Sarasota in Defense of Animals (SDA) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charity and all contributions are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. SDA receives 100% of all donations and does not hire professional fundraisers. All fundraising is done in-house. Also, SDA does not pay any administrative salaries as many other non-profits do. Please help us make Sarasota a better community by helping SDA help animals.
The question is not, "Can they reason?" nor 'Can they talk?' but "Can they suffer?'